Sunday, January 29, 2012

just for a while

this is another story of my recent life
well I feel so blessed lately that I got lots of extraordinary things I've never expected before
the first one is what I wrote on my last post, yes it's about my last architecture studio
and the second one, about my short internship at PT Airmas Asri
then, the third one is what I'm doing right now, my first internship in Singapore

okey, I've thought about posting those 3 things on separate post, but since everything starts here it brings me to an uber-busy-time this week, so I can just post about my studio
and know I'm posting that exciting only-one-week-internship at Airmas Asri

So, long story short I was accepted to have an internship in Airmas Asri and they ask me to do it in one and half month (it supposed to be 2 months but as I told them that I just have 1 month holiday so they make it that way) and started on 16 Jan 2012 (but then it becomes 17 Jan 2012 as the final period of my college project was delayed)

and here it goes..
first day:
They looked for a division and place where I'm needed. Pak Monasir, the one who was very busy that day, he went here and there just to find where I can be placed, where I can be sit and work. Finally, at about 11am I was directed to divisi 2 which is located on the 2nd floor.
I was told about everything there, then they started to explain me about a project which I'm going to work on.
And after that, surprisingly I was asked to eat together and it's free :D
There's a (something like) canteen where all employees eat together (almost) everyday. The room is quite cozy and it's located near to the stairs that act as the main circulation in that office.

second day:
I was introduced to all people in the 2nd division, and *again* surprisingly a nice kakak *what should I said it in english??*, Kak Amanda, asked me to go for eat together.. After that I ask lots of things to her, also some other friends.. and that's how everyday passed by, I had lunch together with them, while they told me some things about the office, architecture, and how their life there goes by..

third day:
I come a bit late.. Actually I feel happy and also nervous, why?? I know today I can no longer sit in my last desk as the one who sit there will come back, so it's kinda better if I come a bit late so I can ask where can I sit.. but also I feel nervous and regret it because I just have a month there so I should have done better..
But, *again and again* once I reach the office, the atmosphere is full of birthday celebration.. yes, one of the employee there, Kak/Mbak/Bu *I don't know what to call her* Theodora is having her birthday, and in the morning each of us got a piece of lovely chocolate cake..hmm I'm loving it.. then on lunchtime, we got yoshinoya.. they told me that if someone is having birthday there will be a special lunch menu.. okey, then it hasn't finished!! in the afternoon we got pizza from Kak Theodora!!! uyeahhh that's a very full of food day..


last day:
and here is it, the saddening part :'(
finally I decided to end this internship, and start my internship in Singapore
well I regret it a lot, if only I can have both of them.. if only I can make them in separated period, if only I apllied one of them earlier, if only......
I just can't stop regretting everything, but that's how life goes on, you must make a choice, you can't have all the things all at once..
That day I tried to do my best to finished everything they asked me to do, till in the afternoon finally I've to tell everything to Pak Fahmi
you know what I feel at that time?? sad, regret, nervous..
but *again and again and again* surprisingly Pak Fahmi said "It's okey.." wow I expected he would be angry and also regretting to teach and tell me everything then I just worked there for a week.. although he said it's ok and kept smiling but I know he must be regret it also.
and then, the next part: telling Pak Monasir.. well this is the hardest part I guess
you know he's the one who set everything for me related to this internship, I've been having an 'email conversation' with him for these recent months. I always asked everything that maybe bother him a lot, but he still accept me to work there :'( So i'm feeling really guilty to tell it to him. But you know what he said after listening to all my story aboit it?? "It's ok. It's your choice, it's your future, you must decide it by yourself. We can just facilitate you to have internship here" WOW!! Pak Monasir you're the best, I can't imagine getting an answer like that before.. and you know how I feel this time?? surprise, sad, regret.. can't say anything more and I almost shed a tear


So that's how my internship in Airmas ended just in a week
I feel so grateful having a chance to work there even just for a while
I love those friendly atmosphere, they try to help me in everything I don't know

Thanks to Pak Monasir, Pak Fahmi, Kak Amanda and some friends who always asked me to have lunch together (totally sorry I forget some names, as I can't memorize names easily), and also '2 orang bapak yang benerin komputer saya' (I give up to find how I explain it in english) thanks for getting hectic fixing the computer set for me..
Thank you for everyone there, especially in divisi 2.. I'm not mentioning one by one as I haven't really memorize all names but I do remember what you do for me.. thankyou :)


*and see, I can't even take any picture there since it's a very short period :( so I decided to put this pict*
image taken from google (source)

"there is always ending for every beginning"

16 comments:

  1. Good on you for making the right decision for your future! I just finished up at an internship (accounting) too so I know what mixed emotions you must be feeling xx misstea & co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post! come visit mine and follow me if u want ^^ thank u !

    ReplyDelete
  3. @miss tea: yup.. we're in the same condition then.. I love doing internship a lot as it gives me tons of experience beyond what we get in university

    @winda: thankyou dear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we all have to make hard decisions and at first we feel confused but you'll see you made the best decision, good luck for your future and keep your chin up always !

    You're invited to enter my Valentine's giveaway to win 120 $ gift certificate and tights on Romwe.com !
    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou dear.. good luck for you too :)

      Delete
  5. interesting picture!

    Join my snake skin clutch giveaway if you're interested :)
    http://glitterdessert.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all is well my dear, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture<3

    Wah, you got so many lessons from there yaa<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yap lots of new things to learn!! thankyou dear

      Delete
  8. love your last quotes. :)
    well, although I'm not into it, but happy valentine day, dear..

    ReplyDelete
  9. oohh good luck with your internship in Singapore!

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape 

    ReplyDelete
  10. GOODLUCK , dear <3

    @cindytanuwijaya
    http://cindytanuwijaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting my blog ♥
so glad to read your lovely comments..

follow me on twitter & instagram: @veraaraminta